CS492: Special Topics in Computer Science
The goal of this course is to introduce students to basic concepts in wireless and mobile networking, and offer them hands-on experience through lab sessions and team projects.
Mon and Wed, 9:00am- 10:30am in Rm (Classroom #3, 2nd Floor) in Building (E3-1)
CS230 System Programming or equivalent
CS330 Operating Systems or equivalent
CS441 Introduction to Computer Networks or equivalent
Or a consultation with the instructor
Instructor: Associate Professor Sue Bok Moon
Rm #4424, Bldg E3-1 (Á¤º¸Àü»êÇÐµ¿ 4424È£)
Dept. of Computer Science
sbmoon AT cs kaist ac kr
MonWed : –Noon (Mark your time on my zeroboard calendar)
Or by appointment
Lee, Dooyoung (dylee AT an kaist ac kr)
Kwak, Haewoon (haewoon AT an kaist ac kr)
Chun, Hyunwoo (hyunwoo AT an kaist ac kr)
Class Web Site: http://an.kaist.ac.kr/courses/2006/cs492
Lecture notes and homework assignments will be posted here.
Questions regarding the class should be posted at our noah bbs.
1. Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet, 3rd Ed., Jim Kurose and Keith Ross, Addison Wesley.
2. Mobile Communications, 2nd Ed., Jochen Schiller, Addison Wesley
3. Wireless Networking, Charles N. Thurwachter, Jr., Prentice Hall
4. Wireless Communications and Networks, 2nd Ed., William Stallings, Prentice Hall
5. Data Communications and Networking, International Ed., or 4th Edition, Behrouz A. Forouzan, McGraw-Hill
Attendance and Class Participation: 10%
Homework Assignments: 30%
Term Project: 30%