the 1st PlanetLab Asia Workshop
September 17th and 18th, 2004
Call for Participation
The first PlanetLab Asia workshop will be held at Yonsei University,
Seoul, South Korea, on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th, September
2004. This is an opportunity for researchers and educators using
PlanetLab to get together, present their work to colleagues, and
discuss with the core PlanetLab team the current status and future
directions of the platform.
We'd like to encourage people attending to give short presentations
(anything up to 20 minutes) on all aspects of PlanetLab, including:
Please send titles of presentations to
Attendance at the workshop is free of charge, however to give us and
Yonsei University an idea of numbers we would like all attendees to
register on the web at
Fri, September 17th, 1:00 - 2:30pm
- Interesting research and teaching projects using PlanetLab
- PlanetLab tools, techniques, and experience of interest to other users of the platform
- Feedback on how PlanetLab currently operates, and what could be improved
Fri, September 17th, 3:00 - 4:30pm
Sat, September 18th, 9:00 - 10:30pm
Sat, September 18th, 11:00 - 12:30pm
- Welcome Greetings: Young-Ryong Kim (Yonsei Univ.)
- Opening Remarks
- "PlanetLab V3," Steve Muir (Princeton Univ.)
- "PlanetLab Expansion in China," Tao He (Tsinghua Univ.)
- The meeting room at
Yonsei University: lecture hall in the basement of Yonsei
Engineering Research Center building (bldg #2 in the campus map; first building on the left after the main gate).
- Directions to Yonsei University can be found
- Yonsei University provides affordable on-campus lodging for the
workshop participants. Please email to reserve a room.
- For off-campus housing, we recommend
Seo Seoul Hotel($),
SeoKyo Hotel($$) or
- For visa information and more, check out the
Korea National Tourism
Organization web page.
- Information on previous PlanetLab meetings is available
- For those who are interested in joining the PlanetLab Consortium, check
this web page.